Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hello again

I really need to do better with this blog! What the hell happens? I'll tell you what happens, LIFE! I constantly assume nobody is reading this except for a couple of extended family members living 3000 miles away and then I log in and see there were 55 page views and I wonder WHY? HOW? ;)

I don't even remember where I left off last so I'll just start randomly.

I got the best birthday present in January! I picked out my Wolfdog pup :) She was ready to come home to us at 5 weeks old (the beginning of February.) For those of you who do not know what a Wolfdog is...they are also called wolf hybrids. It is the offspring of breeding a wolf and a dog, pretty simple ;) My wolf dog is timber wolf, arctic wolf (also called a tundra wolf) and husky. She's pretty great. She is 19 weeks old and in the throws of her "terrible twos" as I'm told. wolf dogs are highly intelligent, very "calculating" and have a mind of their own. They don't work to please you like typical domestic dogs. Why would I want to do this to myself? I know, some days I ask myself that too. Truth is, there is no love from a dog like the love of a wolf dog. They come into your life so young, they bond with you so strongly. We are her pack on a level that you just don't get with a regular domesticated dog. She howls to me (and yes, I answer back because that's what alphas do!) and is attached at my hip most of the time. Is she stubborn? Yes. Once we have all the pecking orders established, life gets easier. We went through a rough month but she's doing much better and listening MUCH better! Her name is Aspen Nyx and yes, I will post pics!

March was pretty slow, we didn't go anywhere for spring break since Aspen was so little. April was busy with making signs (I still have my little business going!) I did not sub at all until May. I didn't want to leave Aspen in the crate for 7 hours a day at her age. I'm really glad I took that time with her for those 2 1/2 months! I have done a few sub days since the beginning of May and she did well, you could just tell she had more energy to burn when I got home. I've missed subbing, I look forward to going back to that part time this coming school year. I was also elected as President of our Elementary school PTO. I did 4 years before, took 2 years off when Shane's dad passed. I guess I've had enough time off ;) Time to get back at it. Apparently I don't like to sit idle...ever!

Not too much to report for April, Shane traveled more that month than he has...ever. The kids were extra good, very helpful and took turns sleeping with me in case I got lonely *wink wink*

May!!!!!!! Mother's Day was really nice! I got beautiful cards and Shane took us (and my parents) to a delicious dinner at The Angry Crab. Amazing seafood!  

KID UPDATE: 
Cassandra had and broke up with her first boyfriend of her high school years. She seems to be doing better now, it took a few weeks of that WTF feeling but she finally is over the icky part. She was on the QCHS JV track team this year. She participated in shot put and discus. She did really well for her first year! Coach told her she's going to be on the Varsity team next year, not bad for 10th grade.

Savannah is finishing up 7th grade,  she's had an amazing year! Her grades have been fantastic with little pushing from me. She really got her organizational shit together this year and matured a lot :) She still loves anime, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Grimm, Criminal Minds, books...drawing and writing stories. I think she is ready and excited for 8th grade.

Griffin is in 5th grade, he's had a decent year. He has wonderful teachers but he seemed to hit that transitional school year where you're changing classes, juggling more responsibility and teachers. He didn't do it gracefully every quarter but I think he's finally got the hang of it just in time for 6th grade to be tapping on his door. His best friend is our next door neighbor, a year older than Griffin. They spend a lot of time hanging out and playing outside. He still is an XBOX junkie ;) He's doing some welding with my dad and enjoying that a lot!

Alyssa is in 2nd grade but I'm pretty sure she could skip a couple of grades and do just fine. I still worry about her at times with kids her own age, she seems so far past them . Most of her close friends are in grades above her but above all friends she prefers the company of her family. She's my little pajama wearing home body. I know she's excited for summer and "going nowhere, doing nothing" as much as possible.

Shane is great, working hard and lots of hours but he is a wonderful manager. The District is going through big changes, moving offices for the first time since 1929 and getting ready to celebrate their 100 year anniversary in 2016. Shane is trying to plan a big celebration for past and current employees which I think is pretty spectacular!

My parents are doing well, Dad is still at Intel (33 years) and my mom is back at NurseWise doing telephonic triage. She loves the schedule flexibility so she and dad can travel more since he's on a compressed work week. They are heading back to the east coast next month, I'm so excited for them! She just read me the itinerary yesterday and I'm so jealous! Dad traded in the Harley (he had been rear ended twice) and got them a Ford Mustang 50 year anniversary edition. They already tested it out on a trip to San Diego and I hear it was heaps of fun.  My sister got engaged at Christmas to her long time boyfriend. No date is set, they aren't fast to do anything but she's got the ring. 

I guess I've rambled enough. Time to post some pics! 

 Cassandra Today! Headed to her friend's quince party.
 Me and Alyssa chillin' last night, watching Dr. Pol on Animal Planet! Photobomber in the back
 Alyssa and Aspen, April 
 The kids hung out with Mimi and Gumpy on our date night ;)
 This is what happens when I leave my phone unattended
 Me and my Aspen
 Cassandra doing her shot put at the state qualifier
 Alyssa!
 Easter dinner at buca di beppos
 me and my mom at easter
 Cassandra and Savannah....easter fun
 Aspen, 2 weeks old
 Aspen, 5 weeks old (the day we brought her home)
 Alyssa and Aspen, 7-8 weeks old
 Aspen, 3 months old
 Aspen, 4 1/2 months old
My lovelies at Alyssa's 2nd grade performance!

No comments: